Statement of Faith
1. SCRIPTURES: We believe that the Bible was written by holy men of old, who were supernaturally inspired; that it is a collection of sixty-six books, from Genesis to Revelation; that it is truth without any admixture of error for its content; and therefore is, and shall remain, the only complete and final revelation of the will of God which all human conduct creeds and opinions should be tried. Further, we believe that God inspired the original autographs verbally; that he preserved these writings down through the ages; therefore we believe that the King James Version is the preserved, infallible Word of God for the English speaking people.
2. GODHEAD: We believe that there is one living and true God, eternally existing in three persons, all equal in divine personality and nature; set forth in Scripture as: Father, Son, and Holy Ghost; that within these three personages is found the expression of the triune God of the universe, who is infinite, and inexpressibly glorious in holiness and worthy of all possible honor, worship, confidence and love by his creatures.
3. VIRGIN BIRTH: We believe that Jesus Christ is God's only begotten Son; that he was conceived in the womb of Mary, a virgin, by direct supernatural action of God; making Him true God and true man.
4. THE DEVIL: We believe that he is a real person, a spirit-being who was once holy and lived in the presence of God but through pride and ambition to be as the Almighty, he fell and drew after him a host of angels; that he is the enemy of God and His Christ, and therefore the avowed enemy of all truly born-again Christians, he is the accuser of the saints, the author of all false religions, and would have all worship him. We hold however, that he is destined to final defeat and the judgment of God in the eternal lake of fire, a place prepared for him and his angels.
5. CREATION: We believe in the Genesis account of Creation and that it is to be accepted literally and not allegorically or figuratively. We believe that man was created by the direct act of God, making him in God's own image and likeness; that this creation along with the creation of all animal and vegetable life was not due to evolution, or an evolutionary change of species, or development through the interminable periods of time from lower to higher forms.
6. THE FALL: We believe that Adam was created in innocence and perfection, that he was placed in the garden to dress it, but by voluntary transgression, fell from his sinless and happy state, in consequence of which all mankind are now sinners, not by constraint, but rather by choice, and therefore all men are under just condemnation and without excuse.
7. HELL: We believe in a literal, burning hell that God prepared for the Devil and his angels; that it is a place of present, everlasting, conscious suffering and punishment of the unbelieving dead. Moreover, we hold that it is the final abode of all living and dead who have not received the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior.
8. REPENTANCE & FAITH: We believe that repentance and faith are solemn obligations, and also inseparable graces, wrought in our souls by the quickening Spirit of God; thereby, being deeply convicted of our guilt, danger and helplessness, and of the way of salvation by Christ, we turn to God with unfeigned contrition, confession and supplication for mercy; at the same time heartily receiving the Lord Jesus Christ and openly confessing Him as our only and all-sufficient Savior.
9. SALVATION: We believe that the blessings of salvation are made free to all by the grace of God; that is the free gift of God, not merited or earned by any works of the flesh or human self righteousness.
10. JUSTIFICATION: We believe that the great gospel blessing which Christ secures to such as believe in Him is Justification; the Justification includes the pardon of sin, and the gift of eternal life. We believe that it is bestowed into us solely through faith in the Redeemer's blood and not in consideration of any works of righteousness which we have done.
11. HEAVEN: We believe in a literal place called Heaven, where God's presence is manifested, where Jesus sits at his right hand and angels reside. We believe that it is a place where the Christian goes immediately upon death and where all the saved shall ultimately be.
12. THE CHURCH: We believe that a Baptist Church is a congregation of baptized believers associated by a covenant of faith and fellowship of the Gospel, observing the ordinances of Christ governed by His laws, exercising the gifts, rights, and privileges invested in them by His Word. We believe that its officers of ordination are pastors or elders whose qualifications, claims, and duties are clearly defined in the Scriptures. We hold that the true mission of the Church is found in the Great Commission: First, to win the lost; Second, to build up the church; Third, to teach and instruct them as he commanded. We do not believe in the reversal of this order; we believe that the local church has the absolute right of self government, free from the interference of any hierarchy of individuals or organizations; and that the one and only Head of the Church is Christ Jesus.
13. ORDINANCES: We believe that Baptism and the Lord's Supper are ordinances left by the Lord to His church. Scriptural baptism is the immersion in water of a believer; in the name of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, to show forth in a solemn emblem our faith in the crucified, buried and risen Savior, with its effect in our death to sin and resurrection to a new life. We believe that it is a prerequisite to the privilege of the Lord's Supper; being the unleavened bread and unfermented fruit of the vine.
14. SECURITY OF BELIEVER: We believe that all who have been truly born-again by the Spirit of God will persevere; they are not only eternally saved, but eternally safe, kept by his power and can never be lost again.
15. RESURRECTION & RETURN OF CHRIST: We believe that Christ rose bodily "the third day according to the Scriptures;" "that this same Jesus which is taken up from you into Heaven shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into Heaven" -- bodily, personally and visible. We hold to the pre-millennium, pre-tribulation, return of Christ; when the dead in Christ shall rise first, and the living saints shall all be changed in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump; that the Lord God shall give unto Him the throne of his Father David; and that Christ shall reign a thousand years in righteousness.
16. CIVIL GOVERNMENT: We believe that civil government is of divine appointment, for the interests and good order of human society; that magistrates are to be prayed for, conscientiously honored and obeyed; except only in the things opposed to the written will of our Lord Jesus Christ; who is the only Lord of the conscience.
17. SEPARATION: We believe that everyone who is saved is called to a life of holiness in separation from all worldly and sinful practices and alliances; we stand opposed to neo-orthodoxy, neo-evangelicalism, the modern tongues movement, and the Ecumenical movement.